Sunday, April 27, 2008

More breaking boards and almost a bottle

Scott and Ceci had tae kwon do testing a week ago. Here is some footage of their board breaking. Ceci had to try and break two boards with her high and low spin kick. She is so cute. She finally broke one. Scott had to first try and break a bottle. I thought for sure he was going to break it, but it didn't happen. He was pretty disappointed. If you can't break the bottle, you break a board with your hand instead. He broke the board without any problems.

I helped out with testing that day. It was pretty grueling. Once you become a dan bo nim you have to log at least 100 hours of work (help out with teaching, testing days, etc.) at the school before you even can test for black belt. I have long way to go, but one way to get some hours in is to help with testing of the lower belts. It's was non stop for 3 hours and if you mess up you have to do push ups. I was very sore the next couple of days:) I messed up a couple of times. The black belts put you on the spot to demonstrate a move and, of course, my mind goes blank and I can't remember the simplest of moves. I was pretty nervous. I was pretty mad at myself, but it was my first time. I will get better in time.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma Gibbys says: Wow, you guys are great! It's so fun to see you all on the blog. Thanks!!! Glad Ceci's front teeth finally came out. I think they were loose when we visited for spring break.

kristin said...

Oh my goodness, little ceci looks so cute and tough breaking that board!

tamra said...

WOW! That is SO COOL! GREAT JOB CECI!
Will Scott have a chance with the bottle again? That looks really difficult!!